At the occasion of the UCI 2017 Cyclo-cross World Championships in Bieles, the organisers highly recommend that the spectators use public transportation and thus purchase their tickets in advance online at bieles2017.lu where they are available until Friday 27 at midnight. Indeed, public transportation, i.e. train and bus, are free of charge on the whole territory of the Grand-Duchy.
These stipulations are valid the whole day on Saturday 28, respectively Sunday 29 January 2017:
- when travelling to Bieles, for all holders of a classical, collector or VIP access ticket, for all holders of an accreditation for the Championships, as well as when travelling to Bieles on Sunday for all wearers of a white bracelet handed over to spectators having purchased a weekend ticket;
- when returning from Bieles, for all holders of a bracelet that spectators receive in exchange of the access ticket upon entering the site of the Championships.
Furthermore, the Belval-Université train station and the bus stops being only some 700 metres away from the access gate to the World Championships:
- the CFL (Luxembourg rail company) has scheduled special trains after the event, circulating every 10 minutes between the train stations of Belval-Université and Luxembourg-City, respectively Pétange;
- the TICE bus lines that service the Southern localities of the country will circulate every 15 minutes on Saturday 28 January and every 30 minutes on Sunday 29 January.
For those who nevertheless decide to use their private car, please find below:
- the traffic planning map including the roads closed and the traffic changes for 28 and 29 January;
- the zones where access is limited to holders of a laissez-passer on 28 and 29 January between 9 a.m. and 6 p.m.;
- the map including P&R 1 at the “crassier” d’Ehlerange and P+R 2 in the industrial area Gadderscheier in Soleuvre, from where shuttles will regularly service the Championships’ site.